Evodia Consulting is looking for a Software Engineering Lead to work on a task in Manchester, Newcastle, London, Leeds and Blackpool. This is a 6 months contract, with a maximum day rate of £800 outside IR35.
The specialist will support the Head of Engineering Practice to establish the Software Engineering capability within the Engineering Practice, and to recruit new engineering talent into BPDTS Ltd.
Who you will work with
The specialist will support the Head of Engineering Practice to establish the software engineering capability within the Engineering Practice, and to recruit new engineering talent into BPDTS. There is currently a need to increase senior capacity within the Engineering Practice to shape and drive activities in this area to establish the required momentum across the business.
The specialist will work with counterparts in DWP to build cross-community ways of working, support the organisation’s strategy to increase digital capability and assure delivery of digital services.
What you will do
- Support the Head of Engineering Practice to establish the Software Engineering community.
- Work with counterparts in DWP to build cross-community ways of working which support the organisation’s aims to increase digital capability and assure the delivery of digital services.
- Work with DWP counterparts to develop a deep understanding of customer needs both now and in the future to establish a longer-term view of service demand.
- Undertake effective knowledge transfer and handover to BPDTS personnel at the end of the assignment.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of forming and leading software engineering team in a digital environment.
- Collegiate in approach and able to build a vision and momentum for change.
- Familiar with professional services business models and associated business processes.
- Significant experience of managing the delivery of large-scale digital solutions in both Agile and Waterfall environments to time, budget and quality.
- Experience of coaching and leading self-organising teams in advanced Agile techniques.
- Able to demonstrate experience of challenging organisational processes to reduce complexity and optimise delivery flow.
- Extensive experience of leading and continuously improving large Software Engineering teams within a complex, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Good practical working knowledge of a broad range of technologies (open source and proprietary) used over the last 20 years.
- Extensive and deep experience of full stack system development.
- Able to communicate effectively with and understand software engineering practitioners.
- Able to build credible relationships at senior levels within a complex organisation.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience of contributing to and influencing organisational transformation.
- Experience of technical services business development.
- Experience of working in Waterfall environments and understanding of constraints and requirements when working with or interfacing with legacy systems.
- Background in systems integration.
- Working knowledge of relevant technologies and tools, such as AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Linux, Nexus, GitLab CI, Puppet, Red Hat, Centos, Checkmarx and Blackduck
- Recognised qualification in scum or scaled-agile techniques.
- A member of a relevant professional body.