SC clearance is required for this task. Please only apply if you are eligible and willing to undergo the SC clearance process. More details on the SC clearance process can be found here.
Working as part of a technical in-house team with responsibility for the development and maintenance of logistics data feeds to industry and other services. The team comprises of system designers, analysts, architects and data SMEs.
- Working primarily in IBM Information Server 8.7 (may move to later version within contract period) DataStage, part of their Infosphere toolkit there is a need to develop and test against emerging requirements for business to business, data integration and data migration services.
- This will include new customers of existing services, new data source requirements and new delivery endpoints working with new and existing stakeholders within industry and internal to MoD.
- Must have very strong understanding of SQL, including the execution and use of functions and stored procedures for Oracle, Informix, DB2 & Teradata DBMS (min 3 yrs experience)
- Must have strong data management and data handling skills, including experience in handling a wide variety of data types including BLOB, CLOB and unstructured data types
- Must be able to read and understand DataStage code, in particular Universe code & procedures and set application parameters
- Must be able to write and develop DataStage code (min 3 yrs experience)
- Experience and understanding of Entity Relationship Diagrams and data mapping documentation
- Extensive experience in data integration techniques with DB2, Oracle, Informix, Teradata, SQL and Postgres dbms, and MQ & FTP (min 3 yrs exp) messaging & data transfer applications
- Knowledge of Architectural ETL patterns and processes
- Ability to perform Data Quality operations using QualityStage & Information Analyzer
- Must have extensive knowledge of developing XML, XML Schemas & XSLTs ((Style Sheet Transformation).(min 1 year exp)
- Thorough understanding of the OAGI Supply Open Standards framework (min 1 yr exp)
- Ability to analyse, diagnose and resolve complex logic and coding issues in development and test environments
- Ability to follow strict standards for performing unit and link testing of software component
- Production of module design artefacts, specifically module specifications and logic flow diagrams
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate with other technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
- Experience of working with MoD data
- Knowledge of Linux operatings systems
- Knowledge of MoD Supply Chain & Engineering Information systems, notably MJDI, GoldESP, LITS
- Experience of working within Virtualised environments using Remote access workstations usng Citrix
- Knowledge of HP's BTO Service Manager for incident management
- Understanding of ITIL Service Management function
- Be familiar with current Software Development Lifecycles & delivery frameworks (e.g. V model, Agile)