Defence is investigating new ways of articulating evidence-based capability requirements for, to create robust, scalable and repeatable processes.
Drawing on experimentation outputs, explore the potential to alleviate constraints e.g. new policy, new ways of working, potential solutions to design and deliver methods to disseminate information so it can be used effectively in an automated/non-Mandrolic way, and offer an automated self-service capability for single Service Commands, etc.
Defence is seeking support in exploring using an experimental approach to obtaining pan-Defence Integration insights from experiments, exercises, and operations. It is hope this will then enable the generation of tooling and processes to be used at Full Operating Capability (Apr 25).
The team requires support in Systems Analysis /Data Engineering capability to augment their Integration Design Authority (IDA) Solution. The task is to obtain pan-Defence Integration insights from the current experiments, exercises and operations, to identify map suitable sources of information an create a “Network of Insights”.
This is to be developed into reusable tooling and processes to help deliver Force Design options.
- Experience with systems integration within the defence domain, at organisational, platform and/or equipment level. The identification of outcomes and LFE from integration events.
- The ability to collate and analyse LFE and outcomes from integration events and identify patterns that led to successes or failures that can be treated as heuristics to improve defence procurement outcomes.
- The ability to encode heuristics in an accessible form such as a model, tool or policy, including a defining taxonomy, such that it can be easily understood and applied by defence users.
- Experience across at least 2 defence domains (air, land, sea or space).
- Demonstrable skills in at least one of the following:
- Skills in the application of MODAF/DODAF/TOGAF to the defence domain.
- Skills in the application of Archimate or BizzDesign to the defence domain.
- Experience in knowledge capture and its codification.