Our defence sector client is recruiting an SC or DV cleared Maritime Combat Systems Engineer on an initial 6 month contract. The role will require the successful candidate to be onsite in Bristol for 1 day per week. The role offers a day rate of up to £550 per day (Inside IR35).
- Delivery of Shared Infrastructure (SI) and Combat Management System (CMS) for T45 and QEC.
- Lead the MEWSIC Combat Systems Integration tasks delivering the outputs of the TAF now on contract.
- Attend monthly progress meetings with the supplier as well as meetings with the MEWSIC Contractor and track actions to closure.
- Ensure the outputs of the TAF enable the MEWSIC System to function to it’s full capacity, if there are any deltas this is to be highlighted and a solution presented to work towards.
- Assist with scope change, this will involve reviewing assumptions, exclusions, and dependencies.
- Management of Project Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (AR&M) Programmes on behalf of the MEWP ILSM:
- The assignee shall assume responsibilities for supporting the Contractor’s development of the AR&M document suite to reach a suitable state for acceptance that the Authority’s R&M requirements will be met, with a progressively delivered and assured body of evidence to substantiate all AR&M claims,
- Experience in maritime combat systems engineering.
- Experience of EW systems and knowledge of other aspects of sensors, systems and combat systems across multiple platforms and systems
- Proven track record of successfully leading combat systems integration projects for naval vessels.
- Previous engagement with naval or defence organizations is highly advantageous.
- Experience with naval combat system simulations, modelling, and performance analysis is a plus.