Our client has a consultancy position available for an SC or DV cleared Cyber Solutions Architect to assist in the analysis of and response to Cyber Vulnerabilities within MOD. This is a contract role starting ASAP until 31/03/2025 (circa 15 months). The role will require a presence onsite in Corsham for 2-3 days per week.
We supply technical resource to numerous cyber risk interventions. The interventions are requested by the business and must be delivered at pace. They vary in size and complexity and could include the provision of hardware, resources, or services.
You will be required to engage with a wide range of stakeholders including senior MOD staff, technical experts and representatives from across the business functions, such as Commercial. Therefore, you must be capable of confident, clear, and effective communication at all levels and with stakeholders with differing technical and programmatic backgrounds.
Your role will be to engage with stakeholders to help analyse and visualise complex security problems, identify suitable solutions and then support their delivery. This role is pivotal to the reduction of MOD’s cyber risk in a high-tempo and highly agile environment.
You will need excellent analytical skills as evidenced by your career to date, as this will assist in the translation of challenging technical issues for stakeholders who may not be technical experts.
You will be required to liaise with other business functions in the development of business cases and supporting the procurement processes, therefore a foundation of financial and commercial awareness is beneficial.
- Clarify requirements with stakeholders.
- Support the identification of valid intervention ideas.
- Assess solution options, cognisant of metrics used for prioritisation and non-technical constraints, such as procurement strategies.
- Support the development of the specific procurement strategy for each intervention and define the preferred solution architecture.
- Support the technical aspects of the artefacts needed for procurement, such as Statements of Requirements, competition question sets, and Commitment Cases.
- Support engagement with suppliers as needed. This could include supporting stakeholder management and comms activity to elicit intervention ideas and promote project successes.
- Develop the technical aspects of more complex and involved interventions, for example by developing trial strategies and plans, and lead their delivery.
- The project responds to stakeholder needs from across the enterprise. Therefore, a breadth of knowledge is favoured over specialised, highly technical knowledge, however, the following are essential.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills: capable of listening and questioning effectively to elicit requirements and brief information, both verbally and in writing, to a wide range of stakeholders, including both Crown Servants and military personnel across a range of technical and programmatic disciplines.
- Strong consultancy skills: able to assimilate information, build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders to identify solutions, using influence to recommend actions and ensure coherence with broader architectures/systems.
- Knowledge of and experience of complex procurements within the constraints of MOD’s procurement processes.
- Capable of working under minimal guidance or supervision.
- An appreciation of security and IT tooling.
- An appreciation of Networking, Software Applications, Storage, Cloud.
- Knowledge of and experience of options analysis from a technical perspective.
- Knowledge of and experience of end-to-end delivery of security within MOD.
- Knowledge of and experience of security designs, architecture patterns and principles.
- Knowledge of and experience of complex systems integration
- A broad knowledge of how Defence Operates.
- A broad knowledge of MOD’s capabilities and subordinate technical systems.
- A broad knowledge of Security Operations.
- Practical experience of Microsoft Security Portfolio.
- Commercial & Industry knowledge.
- Ability to identify and quantify Cyber Security Risk.
- Experience of planning and delivery of Alpha and Beta trials.