Evodia Limited of 8 St. George’s Yard, Castle Street, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7LW ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data about you will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 and any and all other applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy (“the Data Protection Legislation”), we act as the data controller.
Your rights under the GDPR are set out in this notice and were last updated on 25/07/2022.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Typically, we collect details of your current and previous employers, and details of your work, skills and experiences, education and qualifications.
- We will then store pertinent details of our relationship which could include elements such as records of interviews, opportunities we have put you forward for, information you have provided to us such as a CV/resume and copies of correspondence.
- We may store further information where we have placed you or you are employed by us which could include start and end dates, pay history, limited company/umbrella company details and bank details.
- if you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although for the avoidance of doubt you do not have to respond to such surveys), the information which you provide in response to that survey;
- technical information regarding your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, geographical location, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), job vacancies you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use the information which we collect and hold about you in the following ways:
- to be able to place you to the most suitable position according to your background and experience
- to contact you to discuss the opportunity
- for the fulfilment and ongoing management of a contract where we have placed or hired you
- for the purpose of identification
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- to answer your enquiries in accordance with our legitimate interests
- to maintain our business relationship with you, where you are a user of our Website as a client or potential candidate in accordance with our legitimate interests
- in respect of candidates who have applied to work for Evodia Limited, to allow us to process and evaluate your application or CV in respect of any job vacancy with us that you have applied for as a step prior to entering into any contract with you
- to process information about you which may include references, qualifications, verification of details you have provided from third party sources as it is in our legitimate interests to do so
- to notify you about changes to our service as is in our legitimate interests to do so
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already been provided with where it is in our legitimate interests to do so. You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving further communications from us for these purposes
- to provide you with information about services we feel may interest you (including but not limited to employment situations), any news or industry updates, upcoming events or other information, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving further communications from us for these purposes
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer as is in our legitimate interest
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes so as to allow us to provide you with the best possible service and experience as is in our legitimate interest to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure as is in our legitimate interest and
- in certain circumstances, to process special category personal data, (which includes data relating to criminal records, your racial or ethnic origin, your political opinions, your religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership and data concerning your health and any disabilities) and to send your CV and personal data to our clients in order for you to apply for a job vacancy where you have specifically requested we do so and where we have your informed consent to do so.
For the purposes of the above, our ‘legitimate interests’ include the proper administration, monitoring and improvement of our business and the Website, the promotion of our business including direct marketing and the maintenance of the goodwill and reputation of Evodia Limited which includes the provision of excellent customer service and care.
Please note where we require personal information from you in order to process or evaluate your CV or application your failure to provide the requested personal information may mean that we are unable to proceed with the processing of your application or CV, we will inform you where this is the case.
The information we collect about you will be provided by you, either by filling out a form on our website www.evodia.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It will also include information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our services, attend our events, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site.
PROVIDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO OTHERS
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of Evodia Limited insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- Our clients as prospective or intended employers (or third parties assisting them in the recruitment process) as it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
- Selected third parties including those who are providing services such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests as it is in our legitimate interest to do so
- Selected third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors and IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems and providing IT support and server back up as it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as part of the sale or purchase process in order to allow such transaction to complete as is in our legitimate interest to do so;
- If Evodia Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party or its business merges with another business or company, we may share personal data with the new owners of the business or company, or their professional advisers as is in our legitimate interests to do so; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Evodia Limited, our clients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction as it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Website or candidate database (namely the part relevant to you), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We understand that this includes confidential information and we have put in place a range of suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information, evidenced by our IT infrastructure securing Cyber Essentials accreditation (Certificate Number: IASME-A-04002). Our staff have the minimum required access to your data, and are trained to ensure that it is protected, and kept secure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
RETAINING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
We shall ensure that any personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. We will retain and delete your personal data as follows:
- your personal data as set out above will be retained for a period of five years from the last query, instruction, CV submission and/or application we receive from you, at the end of which period it will be deleted from our systems. This is because we consider that it is in our legitimate business interest to retain the data for this period of time, after which period it is no longer relevant.
Notwithstanding the above, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
Subject to the below, we will retain limited personal data for an indefinite period of time pertaining to candidates as follows:
- in the event that we no longer wish to work with a candidate, we shall retain their name, email address, telephone number, most recent place of work and the reason for not working with the individual; and
- where we have placed a candidate in employment with one of our clients, we will retain a candidate’s name and a record as to which client we placed them with.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Evodia Limited, 8 St. George’s Yard, Castle Street, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7LW or by clicking the unsubscribe link on any marketing communication we send to you by email.
You can exercise the right to request any amendments or rectifications to your personal data by contacting us at the above address and can use this address to notify us if you would like us to delete or erase your data or, in certain circumstances, if you would like us to restrict the manner in which we process your data. Please note in certain circumstances we may not be able to delete or erase your personal data such as where this is still required for the purpose for which it was provided or where we have overriding legitimate interests in retaining your data.
Where you have given us your consent to the specific processing of your personal data please note you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Should you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us at the address above.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from external websites as a service to our visitors. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. The provision of a link on our Website to an external website should not be taken as an endorsement by us of that external website, its owners or their products / services.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation by contacting us at Evodia Limited, 8 St. Georges Yard, Castle Street, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7LW.
If you are unhappy with the way in which we have collected or processed your personal data or have any other complaint in relation to our handling of your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. Further information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk or via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
This privacy information notice is subject to the laws of England, and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. If you are domiciled in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland it can be enforced in your local court system.