Within the LAA Strategic Hosting programme the MoJ is working with 2 suppliers to migrate a number of applications to the cloud (AWS / Carrenza).
The Programme is now looking to recruit a Technical Product Owner who will:
a) Define and sets direction of the technical delivery teams in accordance with programme strategy
b) Provide quality review and assurance of technical design decisions
c) Drive cross cutting issue identification and resolution processes
d) Acts as point of escalation for product impacting decisions
e) Accountable for defining and assuring viable products
f) Accountable of prioritisation of tasks to achieve tight programme timescales
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
1. Assuring technical solution design / reference architecture: the product owner is responsible define the viable product and assurance for the overall solution design. This includes making sure that the end state (FMO) and all the interim states (TMOs) are understood and will operate to meet customers needs. The key product from this function will be a reference architecture which can be used to:
a. Support the Technical Lead in their creation ofHLDs;
b. act as the definition of technical success for the programme delivery team
2. Stakeholder engagement: Ability to communicate and explain in simple terms all technical elements to stakeholders of all levels
3. Technical issue resolution: to act as the technical authority to analyse and resolve any significant technical issues that may arise. A key output of this will be providing recommendations and risk assessments to the Programme Delivery Team.
4. Technical review and assurance: the design authority is required to provide independent review and assurance of all HLD documentation (whether produced by Suppliers, or MOJ).
5. Technical standards definition: to define the operational technical standards and working practices within the programme which all technical / architectural resources need to adhere to. This is expected to include compliance with national standards, programme
design principles, MOJ strategic approaches, and specific document templates (e.g. design document templates)
6. Agile delivery team: Within an agile framework, direct small group of cross cutting resources on appropriate solutions
· Experienced technical product manager on large scale and complex estates, with a focus on Cloud Infrastructure and Application Architecture, particularly in the transition period through to transformation
· Experience of senior stakeholder engagement and management
· 10+ years experience of Solaris platform, architecture, and migration programmes including application remediation, Networking, connectivity
· Work in complex, multidisciplinary technology environments serving disparate, complex customer bases
· Able to work at pace in an agile and proactive fashion
· Able to take direction and work individually
· Able to work to multiple deadlines and requirements
· Willing to own and action tasks and activities to progress delivery as a team
· Commercial experience of large scale IT service outsourcing
· Able to work across mixed and disparate teams and groups
· Able to provide expert guidance and opinion
· Able to deal with all levels within an organisation
· Able to engage with Architecture supply areas and manage delivery of a consistent set of Architecture requirements
· TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT preferred, Agile
· Ability to review and challenge the work of experience senior technical architects – making sure that the right questions are asked.
· Ability to provide leadership and guidance to technical leads and delivery teams as required
· Experience of cloud platforms and architecture
· Ability to understand new technologies quickly
· Ability to approach highly complex and multifaceted technical challenges in a logic, structured and organised manner
· Ability to articulate and explain complex technology infrastructure challenge in terms end customers can understand
· Ability to assess risk effectively and robustly in areas outside of direct professional expertise / knowledge.
· Demonstrable people and professional leadership skills that will empower, support and develop your teams to achieve the highest performance standards
· Understanding of Agile software development and delivery processes, methods and standards. Including ability to set and enforce standards, CICD pipeline,
Green / Blue environments.
· Knowledge of agile project management methodologies