Evodia Consulting is looking for a Technical Author/Architect. This role can be based remotely with travel to Leeds and London, and is expected to last for 12 months. The maximum day rate is £650.
Delivery of Technical Authoring capability to define and document the standards, specification and implementation of all API design work. This will include delivering all required standards and specifications to enable specified APIs to be developed.
Who you will work with
- The specialist will report to a Programme Manager and be part of The Clinical Triage Platform (CTP) Team.
- The specialist will work with other teams throughout NHS Digital
- The specialist will work with suppliers to CTP
- The Specialist may need to work with other NHS Organisations.
What you will do
- Management and writing of the standards and specifications for any and all APIs being developed as part of the CTP programme including:-
- Atomic API's (those of lowest level functionality)
- Composite APIs
- Test Harnesses/Stubs
- Mock Client system
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, English, Technical Communications, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a technical writer or information developer.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience creating API, architectural, and other technical-focused documentation.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a topic-based authoring environment.
- Experience working in a software development environment.
- Familiar with the software development life cycle and Agile processes.
- Good foundation in programming, API design, and software architecture.
- Experience with source control and bug-tracking systems.
- Proven ability to learn new systems and develop product expertise quickly.
- Significant experience of current commercial standards/specifications; technical requirements and experience delivering Interoperability specifications and standards, and design and delivery process enabling developer resource to deliver API's in major technology platforms
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Jira, Trello