Evodia Consulting is looking for a Strategic Lead Enterprise Architect to work on a task in Croydon. This is an initial 12 month contract and has a maximum day rate of £800 outside of IR35.
The Enterprise Architect role co-ordinates the development of architectural requirements and leads the population/development with coherent and consistent architectural views. The individual is responsible for establishing the scope of the enterprise in question, setting down architectural principles and vision and for ensuring the rigour and integrity, together with associated deliverables.
Who you will work with
The HO Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) is currently transitioning away from an outsourced arrangement and progressing to the deployment of an in-house managed Enterprise Service Arrangement. The individual will be working with a large team supporting the wider Home Office and related departments, bringing them together as one coherent unit.
The team will have a mix of Home Office employees and other consultants/contractors - each focused with achieving the goal of an Enterprise Wide solution. This is a new structure that is developing over the next few months and the individual will provide significant guidance as it grows.
What you will do
- Lead the overall design capability across EST Programmes;
- Monitor progress of transformation;
- Undertake analysis to support design activities;
- Produce plans and estimates to include:
- Development/update of transformation maps;
- Development of PIDs;
- Produce cost estimates;
- Provide advice and guidance on:
- Data Handling;
- Demand Management;
- Service Catalogue Development;
- Support procurements;
- Support the mobilisation;
- Run the ODA (or Service Design Authority);
- Drive standards and approaches to design;
- Represent Enterprise Services to other programmes;
- Support business change team.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate Leading Large Scale Enterprise Service transformations
- Well versed in the UK Government 'Ways of Working'
- Recently worked for Central Government Departments
- Ability to build, lead, develop and motivate high performing and well balanced delivery teams
- Strong strategic insight to help shape a department moving forward
- Current experience of UK Government IT transformation/transitioning
- Recent demonstrable experience of delivering complex/challenging services
- Able to bridge the gap between the business need and the technical solution
- Can demonstrate that they have lead large teams in this service area
- Able to meet the skills highlighted for this role
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal Skills
- Ability to develop MI reports in timely manner
- Can demonstrate that they have the ability to identify opportunities to improve the service or make cost savings