Evodia are currently recruiting for a SC Service Transition Manager on behalf of our Government client. This is an initial 7-month contract offering up to £400 per day based in Newcastle.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage changes in a controlled manner from design to operations
- To build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (external and internal) and manage the business expectations through appropriate communications, reporting, assurance and governance.
- Ensures new Services have a fully developed end to end support structure, including Processes, SLAs, KPIs, OLAs and monitoring commensurate with business requirements and priorities
- Ensures effective decommissioning of services that are deemed `end of life` - to confirm the removal of all operational facilities, and redundant equipment, whilst ensuring any operational dependencies are effectively managed
- To plan the service transition project including the overall schedule and governance with selection and/or application of appropriate methodologies, processes and tools against an agreed schedule To gather, agree and manage the acceptance criteria for support and operations To identify, coordinate and track all service readiness activities
- To adhere to the departments Service Integration processes, identifying any gaps, anomalies or risks.
- To manage and execute knowledge transfers plans to ensure that new/updated services/products are supported with the right level of knowledge and documentation.
- Understands IT Operations' processes and how this supports and delivers to the end user community.
- Owns an issue until a new owner has been found or the problem has been mitigated and/or resolved.
- Ensures team working is at the heart of any work being done on a day to day basis.
- Absorbs information and decides on the best route for the team and their work.
- Knowledge of a service management framework (eg ITIL) terminology, structure and basic concepts, and comprehend the core practices for service management.
- Maintains secure configuration, applying and maintaining tools, techniques and processes to identify, track, log and maintain accurate, complete and current information throughout the service transition framework
- Identifies improvements and supports proposed solutions through to implementation by supporting the organisation and introducing more effective and efficient technologies (people, processing and tooling) to deliver increased automation
- Work with respective managers to ensure teams have the requisite skills and training required to undertake any new responsibilities and/or technologies
- ITIL v3 foundation qualification
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow and the service management framework processes
- In depth experience within a Service Management environment including knowledge and experience of release management disciplines and approaches
- Knowledge and experience of IT/IS testing disciplines and management
- Ability to successfully engage with service owners, project managers to ensure that there is early engagement in the service design and transition phases
- Service design experience ideally - Defining operational acceptance requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of Service Transition Management and its role in the IT Development life cycle
- Collaborative Working
- Communicating with non-technical people.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project & Visio Requirements
- Ability to work in a disciplined environment under pressure to meet challenging objectives
This contract is OUTSIDE IR35 regulations.Apply now >