We are seeking Senior Project Managers to work as part of the Home Office Infrastructure and Platforms (I&P) team to on-board programmes and projects into our data centre. The successful applicant will be responsible for work streams and reporting to the Programme Manager.
The role has been assessed as outside the scope of IR35.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- 1. PIDs, RAID, Project plans, Impact Assessments, Charters and Cost Models for each defined project
- 2. Weekly report for each project/programme
- 3. Fortnightly management report
- 4. Stakeholder Management with HO stakeholders
- 5. Managing Technical resources and 3rd Parties where required.
- 6. Requirements capture, cost calculations, support Programme Manager, manage technical resources and manage 3rd parties where required
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 1. Knowledge of Project Management principles.
- 2. Hands-On experience of managing government projects within a datacentre.
- 3. Knowledge of producing Plans in MS Project and Resource Management, RAIDs.
- 4. Successfully delivering data centre projects
- 5. Understanding of data centre methods and processes.
- 6. Management of reporting of budgets and finances.
- 7. Knowledge of data centre infrastructure technologies and concepts
- 8. Co-ordination of data centre services, compute, storage and network services to meet project’s needs.
- 9. Hand over from project to operational support
- 10. Testing and assurance of delivered infrastructure
- 11. SC Clearance (Home Office Clearance is preferred)
- 12. Prince2, Managing Successful Programme, Management of Risk Certification or equivalent experience
- 13. BSc or Equivalent experience
- 14. Previous experience in IT infrastructure and data-centre projects.
- 15. Knowledge of data centre migrations
- 16. Delivering projects in virtualised environments
- 17. Government security policy framework
- 18. Delivery of disaggregated multi-sourced projects
- 19. Has a technical background and can show previous roles delivering technical solutions
Additional Role Information:
- Occasional travel to other Home Office and partner estates may be required.
Evodia is acting as an Employment Business for this role.Apply now >