Evodia Consulting is looking for a Senior Product Manager to work on a task in London/Milton Keynes, some remote working is possible. This is a 3-4 month contract and has a maximum day rate of £750. Holding an active SC clearance would be an advantage.
The skills will be required for analysis, design, build, implementation and management of digital transactional services, driven by the Digital Transformation Unit, aligned to FCO's Digital Strategy.
Who you will work with
The FCO's Digital Transformation Unit is a small team and the specialist will be working across the whole unit. Each individual service they will work on will have its own set of stakeholders and they are likely to be working with managers, delivery teams and processing staff in each instance.
What you will do
The FCO Digital Transformation Unit (DTU) aims to recruit specialist skills to meet needs, including flow from the tech sector to build deeper expertise. The recruited specialist may be asked to backfill members of the team, to fill an immediate short term need for a skillset not in the team, or to staff a whole project as appropriate.
The recruited specialists will continue to implement the ambitious digital transformation agenda of the FCO by identifying opportunities for new transactional services, designing and building them, transitioning them into business as usual environment and managing them whilst applying continuous improvement methodologies.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of product management with a track-record for shipping and evolving great digital products by working with multidisciplinary teams in an agile delivery setting
- Experience of creating, maintaining and prioritising product backlogs and roadmaps to direct the work of delivery teams, especially with a view to driving adoption of products and services
- Have a thorough understanding of a variety of disciplines involved in digital delivery, including engineering, service design, performance analysis and user research
- Experience of engaging with users, commissioning research and turning qualitative and quantitative insight into product improvements
- Familiarity with setting, monitoring and reporting measurable product performance objectives
- Experience of engagement with senior management, representing the work of the team and demonstrating its contribution to overall organisation goals, especially in terms of tangible benefits to users
- Have strong verbal, written and visual communication skills that they are able to tailor to the needs of the audience.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Coaching staff
- Line management