Evodia Consulting is looking for a SC cleared Senior Business Analyst to work on a task in London. This is an initial 6 month contract with an option to extend for a further 6 months, and has a maximum day rate of £500.
Develop user needs across several different products and establish milestones and critical path for delivery of Ministerial Data Strategy. This will include working across wider CPFG to explore and codify system requirements for commissioning analytics on vulnerable cohorts.
Who you will work with
Internal team: BA will report to Head of Data and work as a wider policy and project delivery team.
What you will do
The BA will be required to work within a multi discipline team of policy and delivery leads to provide a coherent and measurable framework for implementing Ministerial strategy commitments on data. This will include capturing user needs and mapping stakeholder networks to ensure business requirements are properly recorded as well as implementing reporting frameworks to ensure clear line of sight on project critical path.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of the BA role working within fast paced, agile and waterfall project delivery methodologies and in the application of GDS services standards to digital delivery
- Proven expertise and experience of analysing, defining and articulating complex problems clearly across strategic, business, systems, process and data areas of work
- Demonstrable capability to develop stories and epics to a high quality standard that can be used by developer
- Demonstrable expertise of process modelling, gap analysis and requirements engineering (within agile frameworks) and the delivery of appropriate artefacts to progress development, achieve business objectives and TOMs
- Strong stakeholder relationship/management skills, demonstrating significant success in facilitating collaboration, influencing, communicating and negotiating at all levels Operational and Supplier, with the ability to resolve potential conflicts early
- Significant expertise and experience of undertaking options identification, analysis, evaluation and recommendation to enable informed strategic and delivery decisions
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Proven expertise and experience of articulating business and user needs for data analytics within the public sector
- Demonstrable understanding, expertise and experience of working within Government departments, the general business operations, data, organisational structures, systems and processes
- Demonstrable experience of positively engaging and influencing senior stakeholder managers at a strategic level within Government departments