- Weekly wage - £200.00
- Working week - Mon-Thurs, 8:30am-5:30pm, Fri 8:30am-5pm (1 hour lunch break)
- Apprenticeship duration - 13 months
We are currently recruiting an Apprentice to join our team in Gloucester. Evodia is a highly successful recruitment firm with a proven track record in the development of our staff.
You will work alongside our previous apprentice, who has been working as part of the recruitment team for the past 18 months. In addition to this you will have the full support of our experienced recruitment consultants within the business, who have also trained and mentored the previous incumbent to their current level of success.
Evodia values honesty and integrity above everything else. We offer this to our clients, candidates and most importantly expect this from our staff. To create an environment where this can happen we treat our staff like adults and offer them the honesty and integrity that we expect from them in return. Working for Evodia is much more than meeting a target.
We are a diverse organisation, with no set personality profiles for being an Evodia person. However, Evodia is a fast-moving environment so we do tend to recruit people who like to take on responsibility, who relish the scope to try new ideas and who can cope with life at the sharp end recruiting for these types of roles;
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify, progress and convert sales leads into new clients, candidates and placements as required
- Proactively and consistently strive to identify and obtain new business opportunities
- Source suitable vacancies in line with company policies and sales procedures
- Manage and profitably develop client relationships
- Identify and attract candidates using all appropriate methods to fill jobs
- Monitor responses/applications received and make sure that candidate applications are processed efficiently
- Shortlist and present suitably qualified applicants against defined job vacancies
- Manage the recruitment and selection processes by effectively liaising with the client, candidate and internal teams
- Successfully place suitable candidates with clients
- Advise clients and candidates on the legal, regulatory and ethical requirements and appropriate codes of practice when recruiting
- Advise candidates and clients on employee rights and responsibilities including equality, diversity and inclusion
- Accurately complete all necessary processes, payment and aftercare services
- Meet agreed Key Performance Indicators (vacancies taken, calls made, interviews etc)
- Be able to accurately utilise company management systems and follow payroll billing procedures including accurate database management complying with relevant legislation
- Conduct professional discussions with clients and candidates using all mediums as appropriate
- Seek and provide feedback in a professional manner at all times to candidates and clients
- Conduct regular service reviews with both clients and candidates to ensure continuous improvement
- Accurately record candidate and client information on the recruitment database
Our team of recruitment consultants come from a range of backgrounds; ex-forces, experienced recruiters and some join us as graduates or apprentices, with little experience of recruitment. All however, have a common ambition and competitive streak to deliver the best service possible to our clients and candidates.
Our commission and salary structure is such that if you deliver results, you are rewarded. You make a placement, you make commission.
Requirements and prospects
- Enterprise and entrepreneurship - Someone who proactively seeks opportunities and acts upon them
- Attention to detail - Accurate data entry of candidate and/or client details
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision- making behaviours - Someone who can draw on previous experience and/or agreed procedures and policies to solve problems and make informed decisions
- Tenacity and resilience - Someone who continues to make effective canvassing calls despite having to repeatedly overcome objections
- Courage and ability to effectively challenge poor practice - Someone who uses their knowledge of recruitment law to identify bad practice and suggest improvements
- Good questioning and listening - Someone who can pay attention, interact and support a conversation, probing for further information when required
- GCSE grade A*-C in Maths and English (desired but not essential)
This apprenticeship provides successful learners with routes for progression into a number of more senior roles within the industry. Successful learners may choose to progress on to a higher-level qualification or vocationally related programmes.
Learners who complete the qualifications above will also be eligible for professional registration of the Institute of Recruitment Professionals.
To apply for this role, please click on this link on the National Apprenticeship website: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-302461Apply now >