Role Description and Overall purpose:
- To work with the Mercury Programme Commercial Lead to delivery ICT sourcing requirements for the Mercury Programme
- To provide a procurement service to the Mercury Programme which delivers demonstrable value for money and compliant goods and services contracts as part of a team of procurement professionals on larger procurement activities
- Develop stakeholder relationships to challenge demand. Ability to develop specifications to deliver requirements that are in line with business needs, category strategy and market trends
- To engage, where required, with the relevant lead in Met HQ or NCTPHQ, ensuring that business requirements are supported by category strategies
- To ensure compliance with all relevant contracts
- To work within a secure environment upon sensitive projects.
- Developing key stakeholder relationships, challenging business demand where required
- Developing specifications to deliver requirements that are in line with business needs, category strategies and market trends
- Working as part of a team, with differing abilities, in order to deliver to set outcome
- Managing own workload with competing priorities
- Balancing operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to key deadlines
- Ensuring that the Mercury Commercial Lead is kept informed of key activities/escalations
- Writing BAU reports in order to comply with governance requirements.
- Head of Category - CT Policing
- Mercury Programme Commercial Lead
- Head of Integrated PMO
- Mercury Programme Manager
- Mercury Programme Team
- Finance and Legal colleagues, where required.
- MOPAC officers where required.
- Senior Police Staff and Police Officer colleagues, where required.
- Supplier relationships, where required
- Highly effective communicator who can work with a range of stakeholders and senior managers
- A good level of understanding across multiple category disciplines, especially ICT and Professional Services, and the ability to work with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Able to manage own workload whilst balancing both operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to deadlines
- Excellent written & oral communication and interpersonal skill. Open minded and a good listener (to understand differing needs) but also persuasive and influential at a senior level
- Good report writing skills
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to deal with complaints/escalations and bring to a successful conclusion
- A comprehensive understanding of EU Procurement Legislation (Public Contract Regulations and Defence and Security Public Contract Regulations) and able to gain knowledge to work within MOPAC/MPS/NCTPHQ governance and regulations.
- Understanding of procurement systems including e-tendering suites and SAP and how these are utilised for reporting purposes
- Experience of working at senior levels with internal and external stakeholders Mercury ICT Procurement Officer
- Ideally MCIPS/CIPS qualified or working towards
- A successful career in ICT procurement with 5+ years procurement experience where key achievements centred on cost savings and value for money efficiencies can be demonstrated.
- SC as a minimum.
Evodia Limited are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Apply now >