The Crown Commercial Service (CCS) has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Marketing Officer to join their team in Liverpool. We are looking for a candidate with the vision and creativity to deliver large-scale integrated marketing and communications campaigns - with the support and resources you need to deliver real results. You will be able to demonstrate a track-record of working on digital and traditional marketing campaigns that support customer acquisition and delivery of corporate objectives, preferably in a B2B context. In return we can offer an attractive salary, excellent working environment and a chance to help shape our new marketing function.
What we do
Here at the Crown Commercial Service we help the entire public sector to save money when buying common goods and services.
Our customers come in all shapes and sizes, from the very smallest schools and charities, to the largest government departments and NHS trusts. By 2020, we aim to save £2 billion across central government and the wider public sector - money that could instead be used to deliver better services for our citizens.
We are the biggest procurement organisation in the United Kingdom and purchase everything from locum doctors and laptops to police cars and electricity. We drive the best commercial deals in the interests of taxpayers and save our 17,000 customers millions of pounds every year.
We also lead on developing UK procurement policy and support small businesses to strengthen our economy.
We are passionate about the work that we do, and our aim is to be the 'go to' provider of common goods and services for the entire public sector.
The role will be part of the marketing and communications team: a new and high performing team focused on bringing together customer, digital and internal communications and marketing; applying best-practice principles to implement innovative and creative campaigns.
The post holder will play a central role in the delivery of integrated marketing campaigns to support CCS in achieving its key corporate objectives. Working under the direction of the Senior Marketing Officer they will support CCS commercial teams through using their experience of account handling, channel planning and digital marketing techniques to support greater engagement and collaboration with new and existing customers across the entire public sector to achieve growth and increased savings.
- Working under the direction of the Senior Marketing Officer, deliver innovative and integrated campaigns aligned to key corporate objectives and ministerial priorities
- Implement marketing activities to ensure high levels of awareness of CCS brand positioning across all target markets
- Utilise audience, market and competitor research to support market segmentation
- Implement the latest digital marketing tools and techniques to achieve campaign objectives
- Manage day to day relationships with external agencies and marketing services
- Build a good relationship with key internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate marketing campaigns using evaluation dashboards on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Support the Senior Marketing Officer and Events Manager in organising and running events linked to key campaigns including assisting with pre and post event activity
- Travel across all CCS offices and external events
Essential Criteria: (These will be sifted against at application stage)
- Excellent understanding of using digital and social media channels
- Knowledge/awareness of strategic planning processes
- Understands how to evaluate marketing and communications campaigns
- Experience of channel planning and account handling
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks
Competencies: (These will be tested on at interview stage and do not firm part of the application)
- Delivering at Pace
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Managing a Quality Service
- Seeing the Bigger Picture
- Changing & Improving
Evodia Limited are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Apply now >