Evodia are currently recruiting for a Finance Lead on behalf of our Government client. This is a 6-month contract offering up to £630 per day based in London and/or Birmingham
The role of the OC is to deliver an outstanding 2022 Commonwealth Games for the athletes, the spectators, for those in the host city, the country and the Commonwealth Games family. The OC will be a time limited body ceasing operations in early 2023.
Birmingham Organising Committee for the Commonwealth Games Ltd will be a newly established Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB), and its sponsoring government department will be the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. As an NDPB, specific governance structures and controls are required by government.
There is a need for a senior finance professional to identify, set-up and implement the financial systems and processes for the newly formed NDPB.
The post holder will be contracted by the Commonwealth Games Delivery Unit in DCMS to work on behalf of the Birmingham Organising Committee. The post holder will be required to liaise closely with finance and commercial teams in DCMS and with HMT.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead on the development of financial controls, accounting policies and processes for the newly established OC;
- Work with the DCMS commercial team in order to procure a finance system for the organising committee;
- Lead on the successful implementation of the finance system;
- Lead on all budgetary and financial management and planning for the OC, liaising with the CGDU finance team and other advisers as necessary;
- Preparation of a month end finance report for the senior leadership team of the OC;
- Updating HM Treasury on financial results and revised forecasts for the year.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Qualified member of a CCAB or equivalent recognised accountancy body with a substantial post qualifying experience;
- Systems implementation experience, preferably delivered in a central government environment;
- Strong understanding of finance business processes (payroll, A/R, A/P, nominal, finance system specification, procurement etc.);
- Exceptional time management in meeting deadlines;
- Strong knowledge of financial management within a public sector organisation, including management accounting and financial accounting;
- Understanding of cash flow management techniques;
- Excellent working knowledge of Managing Public Money and HM Treasury's Financial Reporting Manual and of HM Treasury's financial reporting requirements and systems;
This contract is deemed Inside IR35 regulations.Apply now >