One Public Estate Pool of Experts
Individuals recruited to the Pool of Experts will be required for periods dictated by project need and would therefore suit those looking to undertake work on a flexible basis across a regional area. A no-notice call-off period will be in place.
- Awareness and understanding of the key current Government policies and priorities on housing and receipts and the contribution of the public sector in delivering these.
- An understanding of One Public Estate programme.
- An understanding of the economics of land and the application of this to programme performance and delivery.
- Experience of producing briefings for internal and external stakeholders;
- Taking a strategic view of how property impacts on the business objectives of the organisation.
- Providing professional assurance for their own work.
- Managing complex technical risks and decisions and seeking specialist expertise as necessary.
- Communicating effectively to stakeholders and diverse audiences on professional matters.
- Maintaining up-to-date property sector knowledge, demonstrating commercial awareness and applying knowledge, experience and skills effectively.
Feasibility / Options Appraisal
Experts will provide feasibility analysis and overall impact analysis as to the viability and success of One Public Estate projects. This will include analytical assessment and regional and local economic analysis to determine the state of the market, economic base, availability of resources and the availability of supply and demand. Experts will need to fully understand the due diligence process and intended outcome and identify each project’s critical players to develop a plan to work within the budget and timeframe of the project. They will also need to understand the critical components of site analysis and the impact of the results on the project, in terms of success and risks Experts will analyse appropriate sources of information and data to prepare appraisals for possible acquisition, disposal or valuation of development sites including residential, commercial and/or mixed use.
This post is working as part of the One Public Estate programme Pool of Experts and is therefore based across a wide range of English councils in all English regions One Public Estate (OPE) is a pioneering initiative developed and delivered in partnership between the Government Property Unit (GPU) and the Local Government Association (LGA). Created in 2013, it channels funding and support through councils to deliver ambitious property-based projects in collaboration with central government departments and wider public sector partners. Experts recruited to the Pool of Experts will be required for periods dictated by need and a no-notice call-off period will be in place to support projects across the One Public Estate programme. Positions are not full time or permanent and would suit those looking to undertake work on an ad-hoc basis and across a wide geographical area
Evodia Limited are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Apply now >