Evodia Consulting is looking for a DV cleared Project Manager to work on task in the West Midlands. This is a 52 week contract, and has a day rate of £450 outside IR35.
Working on behalf of DE&S, the Specialist will work with the System Operating Authority (SOA). You will interface on a daily basis with DE&S to assist the delivery of an exciting IT capability based on Evergreen and Agile principles.
Who you will work with
The Specialist will be leading the Team Node delivery team and will report to the DE&S SPISN Project Delivery Head (Dev Hd).
What you will do
- Operate as a full member of the team; leading the delivery providing guidance and support to other team members as required.
- Project Manage all aspects of specific work packages working with stakeholders to ensure Design; Delivery; Technical Build; testing; MI requirements etc. are managed and delivered to agreed timescales.
- Develop & maintain joint plans (contractor, user and MoD), schedules and dependency information to assist in the identification, management and maintenance of risks, issues, assumptions, decisions and opportunities in accordance with MOD processes and procedures.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- MOD DV clearance required on day one of appointment
- Previous Project Management experience working on MOD projects
- Demonstrable IT Project Management experience within a defence environment, ideally within a deployed operational area and the support to deployed systems and training
- Excellent knowledge and experience of defence IT processes and procedures
- Delivery experience within a secure environment
- Possess strong analytical skills with a proven ability to persuade and influence senior decision-making
- Experience in the delivery of projects; with particular emphasis on the management of suppliers and stakeholders
- Experience of governance and risk control frameworks
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Strong leadership, people and communications skills. Experience of leadership of small SME teams
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Strong IT Technical skill set
- Previous experience and knowledge of System Migration projects
- Strong documentation and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on Project Manager