Evodia Consulting is looking for a Data Products Technical Lead to work on a task in Croydon. This is expected to last 24 months with an inital 6 month term, and has a maximum day rate of £700. We expect this task to fall outside the scope of IR35.
You will need to hold an active SC clearance before starting this task.
The Common Data Programme is delivering a common data model for the department together with a big data platform for storing and retrieving our data. As part of a Data Products organisation we are building tools and services for the department to make best use of its data.
Who you will work with
A mixed team of Civil Servants and Suppliers which will include Product Managers, Devops, Data Developers and Testers.
There will be close working with other Data Products teams and with partner teams on-boarding to the data platform.
What you will do
The specialist will work as a specialist platform engineer with a product and programme team of Civil Servants and Suppliers who are building a shared platform for storing the department's data.
The specialist will support the product team, define the road-map for the platform, advising on technical strategy, feasibility and complexity of approach.
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator.
- Experience of working as a Tech lead in complex Government projects.
- Experience of supporting multiple teams to adopt shared platforms.
- Experience of supporting multiple teams to adopt technical standards.
- Have delivered to the requirements of the Digital Service Standard.
- Recent experience as a Tech Assessor for the Digital Service Standard.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience delivering and operating shared platforms for multiple clients (PaaS or SaaS) and operating these as live services.
- Experience of driving cultural change to support Agile transformation.