Role Description and Overall purpose:
- To work with the Mercury Programme Commercial Lead to delivery commercial support to the Mercury Programme Commercial Team
- To provide the team administrative support to the team to facilitate sourcing and contract management activity
- Developing key stakeholder relationships, challenging business demand where required
- Working as part of a team, with differing abilities, in order to deliver to set outcome
- Managing own workload with competing priorities
- Balancing operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to key deadlines
- Ensuring that the Mercury Commercial Lead is kept informed of key activities/escalations
- Writing BAU reports in order to comply with governance requirements.
- Head of Category - CT Policing
- Mercury Programme Commercial Lead
- Head of Integrated PMO
- Mercury Programme Manager
- Mercury Programme Team
- Finance and Legal colleagues, where required.
- MOPAC officers where required.
- Senior Police Staff and Police Officer colleagues, where required.
- Supplier relationships, where required
- Highly effective communicator who can work with a range of stakeholders and senior managers
- A good level of understanding across procurement and contract management activity, and the ability to work with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Able to manage own workload whilst balancing both operationally urgent and important tasks to deliver to deadlines
- Excellent written & oral communication and interpersonal skill. Open minded and a good listener (to understand differing needs) but also persuasive and influential at a senior level
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to deal with complaints/escalations and bring to a successful conclusion
- An understanding of EU Procurement Legislation (Public Contract Regulations and Defence and Security Public Contract Regulations) and able to gain knowledge to work within MOPAC/MPS/NCTPHQ governance and regulations.
- Understanding of procurement systems including e-tendering suites and SAP and how these are utilised for reporting purposes
- Experience of working at senior levels with internal and external stakeholders
- Ideally MCIPS/CIPS qualified or working towards
- A successful career in procurement with 3+ years procurement experience where key achievements centered on cost savings and value for money efficiencies can be demonstrated.
Evodia Limited are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Apply now >