Evodia are currently recruiting for a SC cleared Commercial Officers on behalf of our Government client. This is an initial 9-month contract offering up to £355 per day based in Portsdown West
We are looking for a procurement professionals to provide procurement support to multiple areas of our business, whilst supporting the development of effective contractual relationships with external supplier base.
The successful candidates will be required to place Research contracts in line with government commercial policy. The requirements will be varied and require an understanding of government procurement policy to ensure a fair and compliant process is followed always.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Providing procurement and commercial service [within delegated authority limits] ensuring contracts and suppliers meet the client's requirements for operational and contractual delivery.
• Managing procurements through the development and implementation of effective contracts with appropriate suppliers, considering internal needs and supply market characteristics.
• Using a range of EU compliant procurement routes and tools as appropriate.
• Developing market and commodity intelligence, making use of internal and external data.
• Making use of effective procurement approaches and processes.
• Providing direct support and advice as appropriate, including acting as the 'advisor' on issues such as commercial approaches, evaluation processes and negotiation strategies.
• Developing strong relationships with stakeholders in order to fully understand their needs
• Using a range of supplier performance monitoring techniques to ensure business objectives are being achieved.
• Developing an understanding of the external supplier base supporting the Divisions.
- Experience of managing many stakeholders to provide resolutions to contractual issues.
- Experience of successfully delivering effective supply chain management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to engage in robust negotiations while simultaneously building respect and strong relationships.
- Experience of ensuring consistent and high quality commercial responses to contract and tender enquiries, balanced with meeting situational deadlines.
- A flexible and resourceful approach with experience of identifying and securing win-win situations through effective influencing.
- Contracting and procurement in the Defence and Security Environment.
- Contracting for research.
- Working knowledge of DSPCR and/or PCR.
- OJEU Experience would be beneficial
- Knowledge of EU Regulations
- Contract management
Evodia Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Apply now >