Key Tasks and deliverables:
- Working within a commercial team to deliver programme objective
- Supporting colleagues to achieve targets in relevant time scales
- Developing successful working relationships with external suppliers
- Contributing to procurement and contract strategies
- Compiling and issuing tenders
- Administering contract amendments
- Providing commercial advice and guidance to the wider business
- Ensuring all procurement activities are within budget
- Ensuring all activity undertaken is in line with government regulations and best practice.
- Providing procurement and commercial service [within delegated authority limits] ensuring contracts and suppliers meet Dstl's requirements for operational and contractual delivery
- Managing procurement through the development and implementation of effective contracts with appropriate suppliers, considering internal needs and supply market characteristics
- Using a range of EU compliant procurement routes and tools as appropriate
- Developing market and commodity intelligence, making use of internal and external data
- Making use of effective procurement approaches and processes.
- Providing direct support and advice as appropriate, including acting as the 'adviser' on issues such as commercial approaches, evaluation processes and negotiation strategies
- Developing strong relationships with stakeholders in order to fully understand their needs
- Using a range of supplier performance monitoring techniques to ensure business objectives are being achieved.
- Developing an understanding of the external supplier base supporting the Divisions.
Must have either MoD or Central Government experience
- Domain Knowledge
- Contracting and procurement in the Defence and Security Environment.
- Contracting for research
- Working knowledge of DSPCR and/or PCR.
- OJEU Experience would be beneficial Experience & Skills Essential
- Knowledge of EU Regulations
- Contract management About you
- Experience of managing many stakeholders to provide resolutions to contractual issues
- Experience of successfully delivering effective supply chain management
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to engage in robust negotiations while simultaneously building respect and strong relationships
- Experience of ensuring consistent and high quality commercial responses to contract and tender enquiries, balanced with meeting situational deadlines
- A flexible and resourceful approach with experience of identifying and securing win-win situations through effective influencing.