Evodia are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst - General Data Protection Regulation on behalf of our Government client. This is an initial 4-month contract with high possibility for extension,offering up to £400 per day based in Reading.
This individual will provide GDPR analytical expertise initially supporting the discovery, scoping and shaping phase of the project including GDPR impact assessments and gap analysis. As a part of a team of business analysts, the individual will be required to analyse the current business position in relation to GDPR protocols, processes and policies, to identify and validate gaps and deficiencies, assess each deficiency or gap in terms of impact and risk, and identify real world constraints, leading to recommendations for clearly scoped remediation work based on clear strategic priorities. The individual will ensure the recommendations formulated align with GDPR initiatives across the organisation in relation to risk management, knowledge information management, data protection, and data security and work within the context of the wider pan-Defra programme. The individual will look on an end-to-end basis at how personal and sensitive data is captured, developed, stored, transformed, moved, and ultimately shared identifying and quantifying specific risks.
This assignment provides an exciting development opportunity for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for data and information security, who have practical analytical experience in data projects and specifically regulatory/Data Protection/GDPR. The role will involve a combination of:
- Early discovery exercise and impact/risk analysis working closely with the business
- Creating Design products including Scoping and Feasibility Studies, requirements gathering and input into Business cases
- Analysis, review, documentation and maintenance of business activities, processes and associated procedures
- Identify issues, develop requirements and solution options, helping to identify and quantify benefits and assist in implementation.
- Supporting the quality/compliance assurance of proposed solutions including input to the full range of test scenario’s
- Contributing to the continued development of design standards (for process and change analysis) and methodologies aligned to the Design life cycle and the Project Management Lifecycle and governance which build in Data protection by Design and Default
- Effective collaboration and communication with operations, project managers and stakeholders, subject matter experts, sponsors, suppliers, and key players in the wider organisation.
Previous experience of working on technology the business processes and governance concerned with handling of data with wide scale business change impacts particularly in terms of legislative, regulatory changes, or information security impact. With significant knowledge of relevant analytical techniques, capturing, analysing, and documenting requirements, business case development, data mapping and protection, collaborating, etc.
- Designing and implementing regulatory changes (Data protection/privacy)
- Knowledge of relevant standards ISO 27001
- Gap analysis and impact assessment
- Requirements engineering
- Business process mapping
- Policy, procedure and work instruction implementation
- Data mapping
- Data management
- Data impact and risk assessment
- Data protection policy and procedures
- GDPR business analysis
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act and EU GDPR regulation
This contract is deemed Outisde IR35 regulations
Evodia Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Apply now >